The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India (OCSI), a non-profit alumni organization, is providing the OCSI Scholarship UK 2023 as a chance for Indian students who are applying for undergraduate, second undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs in the United Kingdom and the United States. The chosen candidates will be awarded up to INR 4,00,000 and other benefits upon being accepted into the University of Oxford or the University of Cambridge for the academic year 2023-24.
To be eligible, an applicant must –
- be a resident of India
- be below 30 years of age on 1 September of the year of application for the award
- be a graduate of an Indian university, if applying to a second undergraduate or for a postgraduate course OR
- be a school student in an Indian institution, if applying for an undergraduate course
- have applied for and secured admission to study a full-time course at the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford
- intend to pursue one of the following courses of study:
- Research leading to Ph.D. degree
- One-year post-graduate courses (e.g. MPhil, LLM, Diploma, CASM or Part III Maths, MBA, PGCE etc.)
- Taught and research-based Master’s programmes of various durations (including M.Sc., engineering, medicine)
- Second Bachelor’s degree as an affiliated student/senior status
- Bachelor’s degree programme
- be admitted to the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford through the University’s normal academic procedures (Note – OCSI cannot admit students or assist in this process)
Note – The applicants who are expected to graduate in the year of the awards are also eligible to apply.
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India is offering scholarships for admission to the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge in the academic year 2023-24, as below:
- OCSI K.K. Luthra Memorial Scholarship is tenable at either the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford worth INR 2,50,000
- OCSI Anita Banerji Memorial Scholarship is tenable at either the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford worth INR 2,00,000
- OCSI Nirmal Luthra Memorial Scholarship is tenable at the University of Cambridge worth INR 4,00,000
The Emmanuel College Cambridge (India) Scholarship worth INR 2,00,000 is tenable at Emmanuel College, Cambridge, from Nikhil Sawhney and Sumant Dhamija
One scholarship worth INR 1,00,000 is tenable only at St. Hilda’s College, Oxford, from Ritika Dhamija
Note – Each year we seek to raise funds and receive other grants that become available by June each year. Candidates will be eligible for any such additional grants as well.
- School leaving certificate
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by following the steps mentioned below –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Register‘ button and fill in the required details to register. (Note – If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email Id.)
Step 3: Navigate to the ‘Apply for Scholarship‘ at the top of the dashboard and click on it.
Step 4: Now click on ‘If not already registered, please click here‘ to Register. (Note – If the applicant is already registered, kindly log in using valid credentials)
Step 5: Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents and submit.