Samsung Solve for Tomorrow India 2023 is an opportunity offered by Samsung (India) in partnership with the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology’s (MeitY) Startup Hub, and Foundation for Innovation & Technology (FITT), IIT Delhi. Indian students between 16-22 years of age can apply for this national education and innovation competition. Participants will get a chance to work on solving global challenges with game-changing tech solutions. The three best ideas will stand a chance to win a total of INR 1,50,000,00 and other benefits. Participants will be shortlisted based on their performance in the team and each participant stands a chance to win up to INR 50,00,000 individually with other benefits.
To be eligible, an applicant must –
- be in the age group of 16 to 22 years
- have an original concept in terms of Science and Technology OR
- promote a whole new product with a social and economic consequence
- Candidates can participate individually or team up with 2 other people to apply for the challenge.
- Registration of applicants between the age group of 16 to 18 can be done by the parent/guardian on behalf of the applicants.
- New business models may not consider any proposal without innovation.
- The team/individual must not have obtained funds/awards previously for the identical proposal from any agency or through other competitions for more than INR 5,00,000.
- Employees or agents of Samsung or its implementation agencies, any of its group companies or their immediate families/households/anyone professionally connected to the competition are not eligible to participate.
- The top 10 teams including the Top 3 winners of the 2022 program will not be eligible to apply for the program.
Selected candidates will receive the benefits listed below –
- Phase 1 – A total of 30 participants will be selected in this phase and each of them will receive a cash prize of INR 20,000.
- Phase 2 – A total of 10 participants will be selected in this phase and each of them will receive a cash prize of INR 1,00,000.
- Phase 3 – The top 3 participants will be selected in this phase and each of them will receive a cash prize of INR 50,00,000.
- Candidates will also receive accommodation and travel expenses for the boot camp.
- Participants below the age of 18 years will also have their parent/guardian’s accommodation covered.
- The top 30 participants will be attending the Boot Camp of FIIT, IIT Delhi and visiting Samsung offices and R&D centres.
Note – For more information, kindly refer to the ‘Help Document’.
- Proposal for application
Eligible candidates can apply for the position using the steps listed below –
Step 1: Click the ‘Apply Now’ button
Step 2: Click on the ‘Register‘ button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to ‘Register‘. (Note – If already registered, log in using the registered email ID.)
Step 3: Navigate to the ‘Apply Now’ button on the top-right corner of the page.
Step 4: Provide the necessary details to log in to access the application form.
Step 5: Once done, click on the ‘Confirm’ button to complete the application.