The Government of Maharashtra, through the Department of Social Justice and Special Assistance, has introduced the Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students 2022-23. This initiative aims to offer financial support to SC/Neo Buddhist students from Maharashtra who have successfully completed their Class 10 education.
The primary objective of this program is to provide assistance to students in need and to address the issue of high dropout rates in the education system. Eligible students who are selected for this scholarship will receive a monthly maintenance allowance along with other associated benefits for a duration of 10 months.
To be eligible, an applicant must –
- be a resident of Maharashtra
- belong to Scheduled Caste (SC) or Neo Buddhist community
- have completed SSC or equivalent matric
- be pursuing studies at the post-matric level
- have parents’/guardians’ annual income less than or equal to INR 2.5 lakh
The selected fellows will receive the benefits as under –
The maintenance allowance will be provided as per Group I, Group II, Group III, Group IV per month for up to 10 months.
- For Day Scholars:
- Group I – INR 550 per month
- Group II – INR 530 per month
- Group III – INR 300 per month
- Group IV – INR 230 per month
- For Hosteller:
- Group I – INR 1200 per month
- Group II – INR 820 per month
- Group III – INR 570 per month
- Group IV – INR 380 per month
- Additional allowances of up to INR 150 per month for SC students with disabilities.
- A transportation allowance of INR 100 will be provided to students residing outside the campus of a hostel.
- In addition to the maintenance allowance, all mandatory fees/compulsory payable fees i.e. (Tuition Fees, Exam Fees & other Fees) by the student to the institutes are covered under this scheme.
- Income certificate (Issued by Tahsildar)
- Caste certificate
- Marksheet for last appeared examination
- Marksheet for SSC or HSC
- Father’s income certificate (if required)
- Gap & self declaration(if required)
- Hostel certificate (if required)
- Husband’s income certificate(if the girl is married)
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button below.
Step 2: Click on ‘New Applicant Registration’.
Step 3: Fill in all required details, verify the email and the phone number.
Step 4: Complete the Aadhaar authentication process either through OTP or biometric.
Step 5: The candidates will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number if they opt for OTP authentication.
Step 6: Complete the registration process by filling in all the required details.
Step 7: Log in using the username and password.
Step 8: Complete the scholarship application, upload necessary documents and submit