GSK Scholars Programme is a CSR initiative of the GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. focused towards providing financial assistance to meritorious and financially constrained students enabling them to pursue a career in Medicine. This programme aims to support the skill-building initiative of the country and advance Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education in India.
Under this scholarship, students pursuing the first-year of MBBS from government colleges will be provided financial assistance up to INR 1,00,000 per year for up to 4.5 years to cover academic expenses incurred towards their MBBS programme.
The company believes in the cause of education and considers it a powerful tool in transforming lives for a promising future. This scholarship programme is facilitated by GiveIndia.
- Students pursuing the first-year of their MBBS programme from government colleges are eligible.
- Applicants must have obtained at least 65% marks in Class 12 board examinations.
- Annual family income of the applicants should be below INR 6,00,000 from all sources.
- Open for Indian nationals only.
- Children of employees of GSK, GiveIndia and Buddy4Study are not eligible.
Up to INR 1,00,000 per year for students pursuing MBBS, with a total of up to INR 4.5 lakh over four and a half years.
Note: Scholarship funds can only be utilised for academic expenses which include tuition fees, exam fees, books, hostel fees, food and seminars. If funds still remain, they will be used for stationery, online learning, and payment of internet/data pack bills.
- Marksheet of Class 12
- A government-issued identity proof (Aadhaar card/voter identity card/driving license/PAN card)
- Current year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- Family income proof (salary slip, Form 16, Income Certificate, ITR)
- Bank account details of the applicant
- Photograph of the applicant
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land on the ‘Application Form Page’.
- If not registered – Register at Buddy4Study with your email/mobile/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘GSK Scholar Programme’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.