The Saksham Scholarship Program for Drivers’ Children is an impactful initiative by Mahindra and Mahindra Financial Services Limited (MMFSL) aimed at providing crucial financial assistance to children from the drivers’ community, helping them pursue their education without financial constraints. Mahindra Finance firmly believes in empowering the academic and career aspirations of these young minds by removing the financial barriers that hinder their educational journey.
As part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) flagship program called “Swabhimaan,” MMFSL, a prominent non-banking finance company operating in rural and semi-urban areas of India and a member of the esteemed Mahindra Group, launched this scholarship program. The primary objective is to support underprivileged children or wards of drivers within the states of Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, and Karnataka.
The scholarship is open to students studying in Classes 1 to 12, as well as those pursuing graduation and postgraduation levels. Successful applicants will be awarded a one-time fixed financial grant of up to INR 20,000, which will cover their academic expenses and alleviate the financial burden on their families.
Through this commendable initiative, MMFSL aims to foster a brighter future for the drivers’ community and contribute to the holistic development of society by promoting education and empowering the next generation to achieve their full potential.
- Open for students from Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Karnataka.
- Applicants must be studying in Class 1 to 8.
- One of the parents should be a driver (all light motor vehicles and small commercial vehicles such as Taxi, Jeep, Car & delivery vans such as Pickup, magic, school van, etc.) and should hold a valid driving license.
- Annual family income of the applicants from all sources should not be more than INR 3,00,000.
- Preference will be given to girl students.
- Scholarships will be granted to a maximum of two students per family.
- Children or family members of Mahindra Finance & Buddy4Study are not eligible.
INR 5,000 for 1 year
- Marksheet of the previous qualifying examination
- Photo identity proof (Aadhaar card, voter ID card, driving license, PAN card)
- Proof of family income (Form 16A, income certificate from a government authority, salary slips, etc.)
- Admission proof (Fee receipt, admission letter, institution ID card, bonafide certificate)
- Bank account details of the applicant (cancelled cheque, passbook copy)
- Commercial driving license (for taxi, cab, minivan, school van, magic/pick-up, etc.)
- Contract copy or income proof or employee ID card (for cab driver’s profile if they don’t possess a commercial driving license)
- Address proof (Domicile certificate, residential certificate, telephone bill, ration card)
- Photograph of the applicant
- Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button below.
- Log in to Buddy4Study using a registered ID to land onto the ‘Online Application Form Page’.
- If not registered – Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile number/Gmail account
- You will now be directed to the ‘Saksham Scholarship Program for Drivers’ Children’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to initiate the application process.
- Fill in all the required details in the online scholarship application form.
- Upload the required documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.