NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication Revision: To facilitate the disbursal of scholarships through various schemes under the Ministry of Minority Affairs, the Government has reviewed the outcomes of the physical verification process conducted by the National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) for the academic year 2022-23. During this assessment, several disparities in the credibility of institutions and beneficiaries were identified.
To address this, a decision has been taken to re-evaluate applications and conduct verifications of SNO/DNO/INO/HoI/applicants. This re-evaluation will be conducted through a specialized initiative that employs Aadhar-based biometric authentication. This move aims to enhance the accuracy and authenticity of the scholarship distribution process.
To ensure timely disbursement of scholarship funds, all applicants are strongly advised to ensure that their Aadhaar numbers are linked to their respective bank accounts. Scholarships will be exclusively disbursed through the Aadhaar Based Payment System.
All relevant parties (SNO, DNO, HoI, INO, and applicants) are required to update their Aadhaar information on the NSP portal following the guidelines and instructions provided. This update must be completed before August 20, 2023, to facilitate seamless Aadhaar-based authentication. For applicants under the age of 18, the Aadhaar details of their parents or legal guardians should be updated.
Latest Update: Due to technical upgradation of the systems and streamlining of processes the bio authentication process portal- nspbau.in will be on hold till Monday i.e 21st August 2023 –
All students who applied for NSP Scholarship 2022-23 and have received the following text message on their mobile devices:
“Dear applicant, your are requested to get your bio-metric authentication done for your Scholarship 2022-23. Please update your or your parents/ guardian (in case of minor), Aadhar on NSP by 20.08.2023, if not already done”
These students are instructed to perform NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication for their scholarship applications before 20.08.2023 at CSC centres in presence of HoI / INO.
Where to update Aadhaar for NSP Biometric Authentication?
All students are instructed to finalize the NSP biometric authentication process for their scholarship applications before the Last Date 20th August 2023. Biometric Authentication should be attended in respective Institute Camps organized by CSC in presence of HoI / INO. Common Service Center (CSC) has been authorized to perform Biometric Authentication. If anyone fails/not completed Biometric Authentication his application will be marked as ‘Rejected‘.
Biometric Authentication should be attended in respective Institute Camps organized by CSC in presence of HoI / INO
Documents/ Details are required for Biometric Authentication
Remember to carry your NSP Account Details (Aadhar Card, Application ID, Username, and Password) when visiting the CSC Centre for the biometric authentication process for your scholarship application.
Procedure of Biometric Authentication of applicants
- Common Service Centre (CSC) VLE will conduct camps in the institutions to perform the biometric authentication of the re- validated applicants.
- Applicants will report to CSC VLE along with Aadhaar number and NSP user Id for Biometric Authentication.
- CSC VLE will validate information reported by Applicants through the NSP biometric authentication utility.
- If the information provided by the Applicants matches with an entry in NSP database, details of Applicants will be returned to NSP-BA utility which will be shown to Applicants for confirmation and then CSC VLE will take a live photograph of Applicants.
- CSC VLE will perform biometric authentication for Applicants after successful validation.
- On successful biometric authentication data will be stored in the CSC database and NSP portal will be updated with success/failure of biometric authentication along with other transaction details.
Procedure of Applicants Re-validation of by INOs/DNOs
- Successfully biometric authenticated applications will be made available in the INO logins for re-validation.
- Re- validation will be opened for INO, only if bio-auth of HoI and INO of that institute is successful.
- SMS will also be sent to these students informing that their application is reverted to their INOs for re-validation.
- In case applications are not re-validated by INO till the last cut-off date of application re-validation by INO, the applications will be escalated to SNO’s/DNO’s login for re-validation.
- While re-validation by L1 or L2 officers, the application will be marked Accepted or Rejected. No other option will be available during re-validation.