The Pathani Samanta Mathematics Talent Scholarship is a scholarship program offered by the Government of Odisha to encourage and support bright mathematics students in the state. The scholarship is named after Pathani Samanta, a renowned mathematician and educationist from Odisha.
The Pathani Samanta Mathematics Talent Scholarship is open to students studying in Class 11 and 12 in Odia medium recognized institutions in the state. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of merit, with preference given to students from underprivileged backgrounds.
Selected students will receive a scholarship of ₹ 50,000 per annum for two years. The scholarship will be used to cover tuition fees, books, and other educational expenses.
To be eligible for the Pathani Samanta Mathematics Talent Scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Nationality: The student must be a citizen of India.
- State of Residence: The student must be a resident of Odisha.
- Medium of Instruction: The student must be studying in Odia medium.
- Educational Qualification: The student must be studying in Class 11 or 12.
- Academic Performance: The student must have secured a minimum of 60% marks in the mathematics subject in the previous examination.
- Financial Need: The student must come from a financially underprivileged background.
The application process for the Pathani Samanta Mathematics Talent Scholarship is online. The application form is available on the website of the Odisha School & Mass Education Department. The application window typically opens in October and closes in November.
The selection of candidates is based on a merit-cum-means basis. The merit list is prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the applicants in the mathematics subject in the previous examination. The selected candidates are notified by the Odisha School & Mass Education Department.
The Pathani Samanta Mathematics Talent Scholarship is a valuable opportunity for bright mathematics students in Odisha. The scholarship provides financial assistance to help students pursue their academic goals and achieve their full potential.